Importing csv data
How to import data
- Go to Settings > Import tab
- Click Upload CSV file and select file from your computer
- Review how many items will be created and click “Import”
- When finished, you’ll get a confirmation message
- Tags (e.g. tag1, tag2, tag3)
- Billable (e.g. Yes, No, True, False, Y, N)
- Start date (format: YYYY-MM-DD, e.g. 2022-01-01)
- Start time (format: HH:MM:SS, e.g. 13:12:12)
- Duration (format: decimal form, e.g. 7.4, 6.3, 8)
The order of columns isn’t important.
Columns that must have at least one other column:
- Task – must have Project to attach it to
- Comment – must have Start date, Start time, Duration
- Billable – is a task flag only so must have Client, Project
Required CSV format
- Values need to be comma-separated
- Columns must have headers in English. Values: Client, Project, Task, Tags
- Maximum file size is 1 MB
- UTF-8 encoding
- File can have a single column or their combination (project column requires at least client column)
- If an item already exists, it will be skipped during the import. Only items that don’t already exist will be created.
- You can import only clients, task, or tags by creating a CSV file with a single column.
- Projects will inherit initial private/public and billable/non-billable status based on New projects are by default workspace settings.
- When you upload a file, it will be first analyzed. If there’s an error, you’ll get a message and won’t be able to proceed.
- This feature is available only standard plan. Only admins can import data.